John's Blog

head_left_image

Asbestos in the attic (Inspection Photo).

What you see here are old heating ducts, covered in asbestos that we found in the attic of a house we were inspecting. They had been disconnected by a tradesperson when he installed a new furnace. Asbestos has been found to be a potential cancer-causing agent and is regulated in its use by the federal government. Since it is considered a hazardous material, by law it has to be properly disposed of at a hazardous waste dump. To be left in the attic is a serious violation of these regulations and would need immediate abatement by a licensed asbestos removal company.

www.LaRoccaInspect.com

Comment balloon 1 commentJohn LaRocca • February 03 2010 04:58PM

Comments

Hi John,

It is very bad business practice. Thanks for sharing an educational and valuable information.

John

Posted by John Pusa, Your All Time Realtor With Exceptional Service (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Crest) over 8 years ago

Participate